Top Tier Waterfowl Hunting Property On The Delaware River
- Interactive Map
Sitting on the Jefferson and Atchison County line lies this dynamite waterfowl hunting tract. This farm is made up of the perfect mix of controllable waterfowl impoundments, highly tillable river bottom farm ground and dense mature timber. The duck hunting opportunities here are endless. Electricity is strategically placed right off the river which will allow the next owner the opportunity to pump the available water from the river into the marshes thanks to the included water permit. This farm is just 3 miles North of a string of 16 state-owned marshes on the Northside of Perry reservoir making this farm truly a waterfowl hotbed. There is excellent deer and turkey hunting to be had on the farm as well as some fishing making this truly a 4- season recreational opportunity. The proximity to the Kansas City metroplex and the diversity of recreational opportunities along with having river frontage and income generation puts this farm’s marketability into the top tier of premium offerings. This farm will be shown by appointment only.
- 25 tillable acres of river bottom top quality farm ground located in the Southwest corner of the farm. These acres are crop shared with an excellent tenant in place to help you maximize your return
- 50.17 acres in CRP generating approximately $6,000 annually
- Very few recreational tracts of this size and diversity generate the kind of income this farm does. The farm easily cashflows year to year in a club scenario
- 3 metal pit blinds strategically placed across the marshes to allow multiple hunters to safely hunt at the same time
- The marshes have water control structures in place to allow you to fill and completely drain both marshes for planting and maintenance
- The property comes with a water permit which allows you to draw the available water in from the Delaware river to the marshes. This permit is within its “perfection period” which means that the next owner will have the critically important task of determining how much water will be needed by recording the rates and quantity of water the new owner needs or wants. There is an older trash pump that is included in the sale of the property. The sellers have a late model river screen pump that could be purchased for an additional cost by an interested party
- The marsh sits on the North side of 16 state owned wetlands which means that you will be in a unique position to take advantage of the fact that this property is the first stop for migratory birds
- While it’s obvious this property is a great place to waterfowl hunt, its truly a 4- season farm, the turkey population in this neighborhood is excellent and there’s more than enough food, water and cover to make deer hunting solid as well, this part of Jefferson County is known to produce some absolute bruiser bucks
- The Delaware River is one of the main tributaries to the Kansas River. It’s a phenomenal river to fish. Channel cat, flathead, carp, longnose gar, drum, sauger, crappie and white bass can be found. One of the most unique attributes of this tract is the Delaware river frontage
- Access to the farm is off Doniphan road to a gated entrance. You can access the farm ground on the Southwest side from Half Mound then North on Swabville rd
- There are some tremendous elevation changes on this farm, in the Southeast corner the timbered ridge climbs up over 100 vertical feet from the marsh and river which would make the ultimate location for a cabin and an excellent spot to take in the incredible views the Delaware river bottom provide. There is an old cabin on the hill included in the sale
- 1 hour 5 minutes to KCI
- 45 minutes to Topeka
Doniphan Road, Lot #WP001
Valley Falls, Kansas 66088
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.