World-Class Recreational Paradise In Western Nebraska
- Interactive Map
Simply put, Prairie Swamp is a WORLD CLASS sportsman’s paradise. Whether you prefer early mornings in the deer or duck blind, you won’t be disappointed in this property located on the North Platte River. This tract has been strategically managed for years to attract and hunt thousands of migrating ducks and geese each fall and winter, as well as grow and hold trophy whitetails. Additional hunting opportunities include elk, pheasant, and both Rio Grande and Merriam turkeys. Not only is the wildlife on this property incredibly diverse, so is the land itself. The 1-mile of North Platte River frontage is part of the Garden County Refuge, a sanctuary for roosting waterfowl and bedding whitetails, that is entirely private land. Sloughs and wetlands have been restored to create numerous “honey holes” that attract both ducks and geese. Due to their location and detailed construction, they not only attract waterfowl but also remain open in below freezing temperatures. There are approximately 169 acres of corn and alfalfa irrigated by 2 center pivots. These crops provide both early and late season forage for ducks, geese, white-tailed deer, turkeys, etc. Numerous improvements and additions to the property have been put in place to make the hunting experience as easy and comfortable as possible. Prairie Swamp’s waterfowl blinds are simply something to fall in love with! They were designed and built with the objective of all participants enjoying every aspect of the hunt. Not only do they provide the comfort to allow a hunter to stay if the birds want to fly later, but they are also absolutely undetectable and high functioning! Five in all, they are uniform to keep it simple. Each blind is a steel-framed fiberglass pit blind, custom-detailed, comfortably sized, heated, and concealed by hinged racks supporting broomcorn-type camouflage. Three are located along the sloughs to hunt over water, and two are placed to “field hunt” in the corn. Over the last decade, Prairie Swamp has located the perfect positions for each of its 7 deer blinds with easy accessibility. Two are tower shooting houses, each heated and proven producers, and set along the perfect edge where dense river bottom cover meets the crop fields. Four tripods are located in various types of habitat throughout the property and provide a variety of setup options. This property has a proven record of producing Boone and Crockett trophies. To see this spectacular World Class property call today to schedule your private tour.
- Located just south of Lewellen, Nebraska just south of Highway 92
- Located 3 hours from Denver or 15 minutes away from Oshkosh Airport that has a 4,700 ft runway which will accommodate most private planes and jets
- Great access to the property and from within that gives you options to slip in and out of hunting set ups undetected
- 169 acres of corn and alfalfa irrigated by 2 center pivots providing great food for the wildlife and income
- 3 slough waterfowl blinds have been successfully hunted in 22 below zero
- 5 in total steel-framed fiberglass pit blind, custom-detailed, comfortably sized, heated and “cook ready”, and concealed by hinged racks supporting broomcorn-type camouflage
- 6 deer blinds are perfectly positioned. Two are tower shooting houses, each heated and proven, and set along the perfect edge where river bottom cover meets crop field
- Unparalleled hunting for World Class waterfowl action, trophy deer and elk, upland game, and turkeys
- Small cabin that could be improved for lengthy stays
- Listing agent has ownership interest
- Whitetail Trophy Properties Real Estate, LLC agent Jason Schendt will be acting as a Buyer’s agent only in this transaction and is co-marketing Prairie Swamp with Lashley Land Company (listing broker)
Lewellen, Nebraska 69147
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.