Affordable Recreational Property In Northeast Nebraska
- Interactive Map
*Please note, this tract is experiencing flooding from the Ponca Creek and Missouri River at this time. Photos will be added soon. * This affordable recreational tract has the potential to be a year-round use property. It is located along the Missouri River and Highway 12 near the Verdel boat landing. This stretch of the river provides for some incredible whitetail genetics and numbers as well as some great waterfowl hunting. This tract is enrolled in the Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) with a perpetual easement on it to preserve the habitat for wildlife. There are approximately 7 acres excluded from the WRP easement that could be used without easement restriction.
This property has the potential to produce trophy bucks year after year. The marshland provides ideal bedding habitat during normal flows from the Missouri River. In years past on this property, the trails were beaten down and large rubs and scrapes were visible across the entire property. There is great potential for waterfowl in the backwaters of the Missouri River to set up for ducks and geese.
Please call today for further details on this property and to schedule a showing. All showings must be scheduled. No walk-ins allowed.
- 8 miles W of Niobrara; 80 miles northwest of Norfolk; 200 miles from Omaha
- Access from HWY 12 and from 518 AVE when not flooded
- Great potential for waterfowl hunting
- Under normal conditions this property is home to incredible deer herd numbers and genetics
- Ponca Creek runs through the property in several areas
- Missouri River backwaters
- All showings agent must be present
Hwy 12, Lot #WP001
Verdel, Nebraska 68760